Engineering Team Leader
The Engineering Team Leader is responsible for overseeing and managing all maintenance engineering activities whilst on shift. This includes ensuring that maximum uptime is achieved by using exacting engineering standards in the most efficient ways possible and that best practise is used to achieve and maintain maintenance standards.
A key element of the role also requires the post holder to coach and mentor their direct reports by modelling best practise and demonstrating how to complete tasks effectively and efficiently.
- Managing, leading, and supervising a team of engineers as they develop, test, modify, and create solutions to technical problems.
- Ensuring engineering solutions are put in place to permanently fix breakdowns/failures and that the root cause is identified and addressed.
- Improving and maximise uptime by ensuring that repairs are completed to a high standard and in a timely manner.
- Ensuring continuous improvement with regards to planned preventative maintenance (PPM). This includes reporting on the overall effectiveness of the system, ensuring PPM targets are met and that each planned maintenance is scheduled at appropriate times, effectively completed, and closed.
- Increasing efficiency by evaluating each production line daily and identifying what engineering work is required.
- Undertaking and assuming responsibility for key elements of engineering projects and ensuring all tasks are completed on time.
- Ensuring the engineering shift is working to its optimum by providing all engineers with clear instructions and guidelines required to perform their roles, this includes sound engineering systems.
- Managing staff on a day-to-day basis ensuring tasks are delegated equally and to engineers with the appropriate skill set.
Candidates are required to have experience working in a food manufacturing environment, or similar, and have a sound knowledge of the maintenance of modern food processing plant machinery.
The role is within an extremely fast paced environment. Applicants must have the ability to manage a busy and demanding workload, have strong organisational skills and be able to prioritise, be attentive to detail and be able to remain calm under pressure. They must have a formal engineering qualification to at least City and Guilds level, ONC/HNC level or equivalent, and have experience of leading and supervising a team of engineers.
The Engineering Team Leaders work an eight-day shift pattern where four consecutive shifts of 12 hours per day are worked, followed by four consecutive days off, rotating on a fortnightly basis between dayshift and backshift. Dayshift is 6.00am to 6.00pm and nightshift is 6.00pm to 6.00am.
The hourly rate of pay is £22.30 (£48,837pa) with the potential to rise to £23.30 (£51,027pa) based on performance.
If you are interested in this position, please submit your CV with a covering letter that clearly explains how your experience meets the requirements of the role to Pamela.Macdougall@thistleseafoods.com
**Recruitment Agencies - please do not contact the company regarding this position. We have an approved Recruitment Agency list, and we are not looking to work with any other agencies at this time.**