- Who We Are
- Our Values
- Culture, Factory Environment and Staff Benefits
Culture, Factory Environment and Staff Benefits
Thistle Seafoods has a fast-paced, challenging, and inclusive working environment. Employees work extremely hard and take great pride in the work they do. We believe in providing all staff with the opportunity to develop and progress and we actively encourage internal promotion.
We have approximately 17 different nationalities on site, and there are always translators available to ensure everyone fully understands what they are being asked to do. All staff communication is delivered in multiple languages and is made available to staff through emails, staff notice boards and information screens in our canteens.
The factories are High Care, Low Risk food production environments. Our Boddam site is a secondary processor, which means there is no gutting or filleting of fish and therefore no smell. Our Uddingston site is currently our main distribution hub and the work undertaken involves handling final pack product.
Both factories are clean, dry and have an ambient temperature.
Both our sites are accredited training facilities with awarding bodies such as Highfield, RTITB, IOSH and Seafish. We provide a vast array of training to all staff members in multiple languages and across multiple platforms i.e., classroom based, online, on the job. We run an award winning apprenticeship programme for engineers and we work closely with local colleges to deliver an excellent learning experience. We provide graduate apprenticeships to those who meet the criteria and we also provide additional training such as SVQ's in food and drink operations and management training with the help of local training centres.
- Paid breaks.
- State of the art canteens and training facilities.
- Staff sales (products at discounted prices).
- Time and Attendance bonus.
- Employee of the month award.
- Refer a friend bonus.
- Free transport to and from our sites.
- Opportunities for promotion.
- Training delivered in multiple languages and across multiple platforms i.e., classroom based, online, on the job.
- Staff communication available in multiple languages.
- Multiple shifts.