- Uddingston - 4/4 General Operatives
- Trainee Administrator
- Hygiene Chargehand - 4 nights on, 4 nights off - £12.25*
- Hygiene Cleaners - 4 nights on, 4 nights off or Mon- Fri - £11.35 per hour*
- Apprentice Engineers (Electrical)
- Electrical Shift Maintenance Engineer
- General Operatives - Dayshift - 4 on, 4 off shift pattern - £10.00 per hour*
Apprentice Engineers (Electrical)
As an apprentice you will be learning from experienced engineers in a manufacturing environment whilst working your way through formal qualifications and building your skills as an engineer.
- Aid the Maintenance Engineers, Engineering Team Leaders and Senior Engineering Management Team with planned and preventative maintenance and where possible the development of PPM’s.
Aid in the resolution of machine breakdowns to ensure maximum line efficiency of the production process.
Assist with project work as and when it is assigned.
Attend college and complete all the necessary paperwork and assessments on time and to your highest possible standard.
Accurately record in your Thistle training log all the courses and training you have completed.
Work closely with your journeyman to ensure that all training requirements are met, and you are receiving a breadth of experience.
Be responsive to feedback and ensure that you are implementing it to develop your engineering skills and knowledge.
Work to Health and Safety and Food Safety Standards, and where possible exceed requirements.
Be diligent, punctual, and behave in a responsible manner.
Promote at all times the employer's best interests.
Desirable Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Minimum of National 4, Intermediate 1 or Standard Grade Foundation/General Level Qualifications (must include Maths).
- Have good hands-on experience evidenced through the completion of Craft and Design or similar work at school.
- Mature candidates must evidence their experience or their desire to change career.
- Must be aged 18 years or older (or turn 18 late 2022, early 2023).
- Be passionate and enthusiastic about engineering.
- Have practical creativity, manual dexterity and the ability to handle tools.
- Have good problem-solving skills.
- Have a professional approach and attitude.
- Be a dynamic individual with plenty of drive and self-motivation who enjoys working within a team.
- Be able to take direction and respond to feedback.
If you are interested in applying for this opportunity please submit your CV with a covering letter to Ally.Taylor@thistleseafoods.com Within your covering letter please state whether you are interested in an electrical apprenticeship.
The closing date for applications is Friday 3rd June 2022. All applicants will be emailed after this date and will be informed if they have been successful in progressing to the 1st stage of the selection process.