NPD Process Technologist
The NPD Process Technologist will work as part of a team who are focused on creating and developing new market ready products for current and new customers. To achieve this the post holder must have a sound knowledge of the Company’s current products, be forward thinking and stay head of consumer taste trends and be able to match recipes to factory processes. A key requirement will therefore be having a sound understanding of the production process.
- Aiding with the development of new viable market ready products in line with current market trends.
- Managing the critical path of projects.
- Liaising with internal and external customers as and when required.
- Running factory trials of new products.
- Packaging and sending samples of products to customers
- Presenting and demonstrating new products to existing and new customers.
- Ensuring all developments satisfy price, quality, technical and operational parameters.
- Maintaining all relevant paperwork.
- Liaise with relevant departments to keep them up to date with the progress of projects.
- Liaising with and assisting the NPD Manager and Development Chef.
- Contributing to the overall commercial strategy and growth of the business.
- Any ad hoc duties required to ensure the NPD kitchen runs effectively.
The role is within an extremely fast paced environment. Applicants must be a creative and innovative thinker, have the ability to develop recipes using factory processes and have a sound understanding of consumer trends. Furthermore, they must have excellent interpersonal and communication skills, and have a passion for delivering results and exceeding expectations.
Previous experience of working in an NPD role is desirable.
Please click here for the full job description.
If you are interested in this position please submit your CV with a covering letter to Pamela.Macdougall@thistleseafoods.com