Responsible Manufacturing & Policies
Thistle Seafoods Limited (“Thistle”) is aware that sound environmental management practices are essential in maintaining a successful, integrated seafood products enterprise. This awareness is accompanied by the recognition that:
- The environment (land, water, air) is shared by all the people and serves a multitude of uses, from a wildlife habitat, to a source of industrial raw materials.
- Resources must be used efficiently through the minimisation of
waste and the production of high-quality products.
- We are the stewards of all resources and habitats that we utilise, including the surrounding forests, lands, wildlife, air, water, aquatic and human habitats. These resources must be managed responsibly to protect the interests of all users.
- We will maintain compliance with environmental regulations by implementation of the following:
- Thistle, its Executives, Officers and Employees, will carry out all operations of the Company in a manner that complies with all applicable laws and regulations relating to the environment. If or where non-compliance is detected, programmes and procedures will be instituted to bring the company within compliance.
- Thistle will develop, maintain and implement policies, procedures and management systems to monitor its operations with a view to protecting the environment and ensuring future sustainable development. This policy will be reviewed annually and revised as required.
- Thistle Operating Management shall review operating practices and procedures at least once a year to ensure compliance with this environmental policy.
- Thistle, through its operations, will incorporate in its environmental practices the best available technology that is economically achievable.
- All Senior Operating Management shall be responsible for ensuring compliance with the policy including the establishment of the programmes and reporting requirements throughout their organisation.
- All new capital projects must be reviewed and approved for policy compliance by Senior Operating Management of Thistle prior to implementation.
- Thistle recognises responsible stewardship of resources makes possible sustained economic growth and a healthy environment for the benefit of the community (our fellow citizens, our shareholders, employees and customers) in which we operate.