Apprentice Engineers (Electrical and Mechanical)
As an apprentice you will be learning from experienced engineers in a manufacturing environment whilst working your way through formal qualifications and building your skills as an engineer. Once qualified there are no limitations, and there are many opportunities to develop and build your career within the business.
- Aid the Maintenance Engineers, Engineering Team Leaders and Chief Engineer with planned and preventative maintenance and where possible the development of PPM’s.
- Aid in the resolution of machine breakdowns to ensure maximum line efficiency of the production process.
- Work to Health and Safety and Food Safety Standards, and where possible exceed requirements.
- Undertake training, attend courses, keep records, and take assessments to be determined by the Company and/or Modern Apprenticeship Centre.
- Be diligent, punctual and behave in a responsible manner.
- Promote at all times the employer's best interests
Desirable Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Minimum of National 4, Intermediate 1 or Standard Grade Foundation/General Level Qualifications (must include Maths).
- Have good hands-on experience evidenced through the completion of Craft and Design or similar work at school.
- Mature candidates must evidence their experience or their desire to change career.
- Must be aged 18 years or older (or turn 18 late 2019, early 2020).
- Be passionate and enthusiastic about engineering.
- Have practical creativity, manual dexterity and the ability to handle tools.
- Have good problem-solving skills.
- Have a professional approach and attitude.
- Be a dynamic individual with plenty of drive and self-motivation who enjoys working within a team.
- Be able to take direction and respond to feedback.
If you are interested in applying for this opportunity please submit your CV with a covering letter to Pamela.Macdougall@thistleseafoods.com Within your covering letter please state whether you are interested in an electrical or mechanical engineering apprenticeship.
The closing date for applications if Friday 26th April 2019. All applicants will be emailed after this date and will be informed if they have been successful in progressing to the 1st stage of the selection process.