Facilities Cleaner - 4 days on, 4 days off
Thistle Seafoods has a fast-paced, challenging, and inclusive working environment. Employees work extremely hard and take great pride in the work they do. We believe in providing all staff with the opportunity to develop and progress and we actively encourage internal promotion.
The facilities cleaner will work as part of team who is responsible for cleaning and sanitising all staff facilities.
- Cleaning and sanitising of staff facilities including locker rooms, canteen, toilets and office areas.
- Replacing toilet rolls, hand towels and refilling soap/sanitiser dispensers.
- Follow cleaning rotas and complete paperwork as required.
- Advise facilities coordinator on facilities chemical and utensil stock levels.
- Notify facilities coordinator or management of any problems.
- Challenge and report any staff member who is seen to be vandalising any area or item of company property in any way and/or anyone not adhering to company policy.
- Assist with issuing factory coats to staff at the start of shifts.
Hours of Work
You will work an 8 day shift pattern. You will work 4 consecutive shifts of 12 hours per day, followed by 4 consecutive days off. In any such 8 day period, you will work 48 hours. Hours of work are normally from 06.00-18.00.
Rate of Pay
We are a living wage employer. Hourly rates start at £10.00* and overtime is paid at 1.5 times the hourly rate.
- Applicants must be aged 18 years old or older
- Previous experience working in a similar role would be desirable.
- Knowledge of good cleaning and hygiene practices.
It is a High Care and Low Risk food production environment. The site is a secondary processor, which means there is no gutting or filleting of fish and therefore no smell.
Your safety is paramount to us and you will be provided with all necessary Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
- 20 days annual leave
- Staff sales (products at discounted prices)
- Opportunities for promotion
If you are interested in applying for this position please fill out an application form by following this link Apply Here.
*This is subject to meeting the 100% attendance rate criteria.