Responsible Sourcing and Fisheries Manager
We have an exciting opportunity for a passionate and experienced environmental professional to join our team. The Responsible Sourcing and Fisheries Manager will work across the business, and with external stakeholders, to deliver our environment and human rights commitments and ambitions.
Key Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Identify, analyse, and prioritise the environmental and human rights impacts and risks within our supply chains.
- Develop solutions to address identified impacts and risks to ensure we source responsibly and meet our customer’s expectations.
- Build strong relationship with the company’s supply base, including their technical and commercial teams to ensure that they are meeting or making continual progress with regards to our sustainability, environment, and human rights commitments.
- Play a key role in the development and maintenance of policies relating to a company’s ethical, sustainable, and environmental responsibilities.
- Actioning the company's social responsibility strategy.
- Ensure the company is compliant and is making continual progress with regards to Modern Slavery. This will be in collaboration with the company’s modern slavery strategic working group.
- Identify, plan, and ensure the company is making continual progress with regards to the Net Zero Strategy.
- Communicate and engage with Non-Government Organisations (NGO’s), experts, and industry peers and groups.
- Be the Company’s Responsible Sourcing and Fisheries Spokesperson.
- Ensure responsible procurement processes are being followed by the Company and those within our supply chain.
- Review targets, measure result, drive supply chain improvements, stimulating transformational change and advocating for enabling policies and incentives.
The ideal candidate will have a fisheries management background and thrive on travelling and meeting external stakeholders. They must have excellent communication and presentation skills and be able to build strong relationships on all levels. This is a new position and therefore there is the opportunity to develop within the role.
Please click here for the full job description.
If you are interested in this position, please submit your CV with a covering letter that clearly explains how your experience meets the requirements of the role to Pamela.Macdougall@thistleseafoods.com