Trainee Production Supervisor/Production Supervisor (Monday-Friday 15.00-00.00)
The Trainee Production Supervisor/Production Supervisor is responsible for aiding the Production Managers with the running of the factory.
- Overseeing a production line and resolving any issues.
- Monitoring product standards and having a sound knowledge of the quality control programmes implemented.
- Liaising and co-operating with the quality assurance department to ensure products are produced to the correct standard and to customer specifications.
- Ensuring Good Manufacturing Practices and Health and Safety guidelines are adhered to.
The role is within an extremely fast paced environment. Applicants must have the ability to manage a busy and demanding workload, be excellent at decision making and problem solving, be able to prioritise, and be able to remain calm under pressure.
Previous experience of working in a similar role and/or in the food industry is preferred.
Please click here for the full job description.
If you are interested in this position please submit your CV with a covering letter to Pamela.Macdougall@thistleseafoods.com The cover letter must clearly cover the following points:
- Why you are interested in this position?
- How does your experience match the requirements for the role?
- What do you feel you can bring to the role?
- What you think are the main challenges for a supervisor within a food manufacturing environment?
- If you have no previous experience in the food industry why are you looking for a career in this industry?
Applications submitted without a cover letter will not be considered.