Junior Development Chef
The Junior Development Chef will work as part of a small team and will be exposed to all aspects of new product development. They will develop their culinary skills and industry knowledge by keeping up to date with the latest food trends, and use their skills to support the creation of new recipes and translate these into market leading products, whilst revitalising existing ranges to keep up with consumer tastes.
- Sample making
- Preparing customer briefs
- Contributing to the development of new viable market ready products in line with current market trends
- Revitalising existing ranges/products to keep up with consumer tastes
- Helping to ensure all developments satisfy price, quality, technical and operational parameters
- Aid in the management of the critical path of projects
- Liaise with relevant departments to keep them up to date with the progress of projects
- Assisting in the running of factory trials of new products and ensuring all relevant paperwork is completed
This role would suit an enthusiastic newly qualified Chef who is open to exploring the realms of product development within food manufacturing. Confident and quick to learn you will have some previous experience of working in restaurants and are now ready to transfer your creative hands on skills into a fast paced, development based role.
Please click here for the full job description.
Please note relocation is offered and is on a case by case basis.
If you are interested in this position please submit your CV with a covering letter to Pamela.Macdougall@thistleseafoods.com