Shift Maintenance Engineer
Thistle Seafoods is looking for mechanical and electrical shift maintenance engineers to join their well-established engineering team. In this role you will assume responsibility for the mechanical and/or electrical integrity of equipment and will provide full engineering support to the Production Team under the leadership of the Engineering Team Leaders, Engineering Manager and Chief Engineer.
- Responsibility for planned and preventative maintenance and development of PPM’s where possible.
- Resolve machine breakdowns to ensure maximum line efficiency of the production process.
- To assist in maintaining the engineering stores by identifying parts and raising parts requisition forms for repairs and stock replenishment.
- Ensuring stores booking in and out procedures are being adhered to.
- Responsibility for ensuring current practices meet Health and Safety and Food Safety standards, and where possible that they exceed requirements.
- A team player with a strong sense of personal responsibility/ownership.
- A positive attitude and a desire to learn and develop.
- Have the ability to work effectively within a factory environment and perform under pressure.
- Complete all engineering work to the highest standard ensuring engineering, quality, safety, and hygiene standards are met.
Desirable Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Formal engineering qualification to at least City and Guilds level, ONC/HNC level or equivalent or extensive experience working as an engineer in a manufacturing environment.
- At least two to three years’ experience in a fast-moving industry.
- Strong maintenance background with well-developed analytical fault-finding skills.
- Knowledge and experience of the maintenance of modern processing plant machinery would be preferred.
- Previous experience of food processing equipment is desirable but not essential.
- Being proficient in use of mechanical fitting/fabrication and associated equipment i.e., lathe; milling machine; and welding equipment (desirable but not essential). (Mechanical Engineer).
- The ability to use electrical test equipment, read schematic diagrams with experience in single and 3 phase installations including motors, inverters, and PLC’s (desirable but not essential). (Electrical Engineer).
Hours of Work
Shift Maintenance Engineers work an eight-day shift pattern where four consecutive shifts of 12 hours per day are worked, followed by four consecutive days off, rotating on a fortnightly basis between dayshift and backshift (48-hours per week). Dayshift is 6.00am to 6.00pm and nightshift is 6.00pm to 6.00am.
Rate of Pay
£18.30 per hour
If you are interested in this position, please submit your CV with a covering letter to Pamela.Macdougall@thistleseafoods.com
**Recruitment Agencies - please do not contact the company regarding this position. We have an approved Recruitment Agency list and we are not looking to work with any other agencies at this time. **