- Engineering Team Leader - 4 shifts on, 4 shifts off - £22.30ph
- Electrical Shift Maintenance Engineer - £18.30ph
- Handyman/Maintenance Person
- Hygiene Chargehand - 4 nights on, 4 nights off - £12.25*
- Hygiene Cleaners - 4 nights on, 4 nights off or Mon- Fri - £11.35 per hour*
- Storeman - Forklift Driver - 4 days on 4 days off - £11.00*
- Stores Supervisor
- Cost Accountant
Hygiene Cleaners - 4 nights on, 4 nights off or Mon-Fri - £11.35 per hour*
Thistle Seafoods has a face-paced, challenging and inclusive working environment (we have approximately 17 different nationalities on site). Employees work extremely hard and take great pride in the work they do. We believe in providing all staff with the opportunity to develop and progress and we actively encourage internal promotion.
Hygiene Cleaners are critical to the food manufacturing process as they are responsible for cleaning the entire factory including all the machines and equipment, so it is ready for production. Cleaning of the equipment is carried out using specific cleaning products and/or chemicals and equipment such as power hoses. You will be provided with all the necessary training to ensure you can complete the role safely, correctly and effectively.
Your safety is paramount to us and you will be provided with all necessary Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
Hours of Work
We operate two shifts on the hygiene team:
- Monday - Friday 10.00pm to 6.00am
- 8 day shift pattern working 4 consecutive shifts of 12 hours per day from 7.00pm to 7.00am, followed by 4 consecutive days off.
Rate of Pay
Hourly rates for hygiene cleaners starts at £11.35*
Overtime is paid at 1.5 times the standard hourly rate
It is a High Care and Low Risk food production environment. The site is a secondary processor, which means there is no gutting or filleting of fish and therefore no smell.
- Paid breaks.
- 20 or 30 days annual leave depending on the shift pattern. This includes statutory holidays.
- Free transport to and from the factory. Currently we have bus services running from Peterhead and Fraserburgh. However, an Aberdeen bus will be provided if there is the demand for it which will also allow us to collect staff from Ellon and other areas enroute.
- Staff sales (products at discounted prices).
- Opportunities for promotion.
- Employee of the month rewards.
- State of the art staff canteen and training facilities.
- Free English classes.
- Due to the hours of work applicants must be aged 18 years old or older.
- A team player.
- Be self-motivated.
- Have a professional approach and attitude.
If you are interested in applying for this position please fill out an application form by following this link Apply Here Or alternatively please call 01779 478991 and ask to speak to Brian or Wojciech.
*This is subject to meeting the 100% attendance rate criteria.