Technical Quality Systems Manager
The Quality Systems Manager is responsible for the development and maintenance of all of the policies and procedures that form the Quality Management System to ensure that the business fulfils its requirements and the requirements of our customers.
- Amend, review and update the documentation within the Food Safety and Quality Manual and the HACCP Manual.
- Conduct risk assessments of potential new suppliers in conjunction with the Purchasing Department.
- Ensure that the Supplier List, and all the information necessary for monitoring them, is kept up to date and that all information such as SAQ’s and third party certification is valid.
- Ensure that all raw material risk assessments are up-to-date and are reviewed in line with emerging issues and requirements such as food fraud and vulnerability.
- Ensuring that there are fully completed up-to-date and signed specifications on file for existing and new raw materials and packaging materials.
- Prepare, maintain and update the supplier audit plan and undertake the annual supplier monitoring review in conjunction with the Purchasing Department.
- Prepare, maintain and update the internal audit plan for the Quality Management System and ensure that all internal audits are undertaken, completed and closed within agreed timescales. Including managing and supporting the internal audit team.
- Keep up-to date with all third party requirements including BRC, MSC, RSPCA and RSPO and arrange and manage all third party audits and EHO/TSO visits.
- Ensure that all non-conformances arising from audits are verified and closed. This includes internal audits, supplier audits, third party audits and EHO/TSO visits.
- Reviewing non-conformances from internal and external audits in order to identify areas of improvement.
- Undertake mock recall test annually.
This role would suit a technical professional who is looking for the next step in their career and who thrives on working within an extremely fast paced environment. Candidates must have food industry experience, have a good understanding of BRC and retail audit requirements (multiple retailers), have a sound knowledge of food legislation standards and be trained to HACCP Level 4 (or working towards this). They must also have a professional approach and attitude, strong organisational skills and be able to prioritise a heavy workload.
Please click here for the full job description.
If you are interested in this position please submit your CV with a covering letter to Pamela.Macdougall@thistleseafoods.com