The Technical Manager is responsible for ensuring that all products manufactured by the Company meet safety, quality and legal requirements. This will be achieved by monitoring and maintaining the Company and the customer’s quality assurance systems, food safety audits and HACCAP.
- Continually develop and maintain the Company quality management system and HACCP.
- Act upon legislation and guidelines to ensure that manufacturing is conducted legally.
- Advise on hygiene and housekeeping, factory fabrication and food handling practices to ensure products are produced in a food safe environment.
- Ensure compliance to customer’s policies and standards and the BRC Global Standard for food safety.
- Provide information and expertise to external customers on all food safety and quality related matters.
- Comply with the customers standards and policies.
- Be the main contact for customer audits. Liaise with customer/third party auditor(s). Ensure all documentation is available. Implement agreed corrective actions.
- Ensure compliance to relevant standards e.g. RSPO, MSC, etc.
- Complete internal audits.
- Advise on food safety and hygiene.
- Ensure maintenance of customer and raw material specifications.
- Liaise and co-operate with the production and commercial teams to ensure that customers are supplied with food products which are safe to eat and that the quality complies with the customer specifications.
- Liaise and co-operate with the production and commercial teams to ensure that products meet current legislation standards and that they are produced under methods of Good Manufacturing Practices.
- Oversee launch of new products and artwork approval system.
- Conduct supplier audits as required.
- Set objectives and team and individual KPI’s based on the consumer focused business plan and monitoring these objectives and KPI’s to ensure they are met.
The role is within an extremely fast paced environment. Applicants must have the ability to manage a busy and demanding workload, have strong organisational skills, be able to prioritise, be attentive to detail and be able to remain calm under pressure.
Applicants must have previous experience working in a technical position and within the food industry. Furthermore, they must have a sound understanding of HACCP, BRC and retail audit requirements.
Please click here for the full job description.
If you are interested in this position please submit your CV with a covering letter to Pamela.Macdougall@thistleseafoods.com