Head of Technical
The Head of Technical is responsible for the governance and strategy of the technical department.
- Identifying the technical strategy and communicating this to relevant parties.
- Identifying and setting the business quality management system objectives.
- Identifying the department objectives and linking them to the technical strategy and business quality management system objectives.
- Setting the objectives for each team member and identifying a clear path for their development.
- Mentoring individuals within the technical team.
- Ensuring that manufacturing is conducted legally by remaining aware of any changes to legislation and/or guidelines and making the appropriate changes as and when necessary.
- HACCP Team Leader.
- Developing other members of the technical team so they are competent in HACCP.
- Completing supplier audits.
- Developing other members of the technical team so they are competent in completing supplier audits.
This role would suit a technical expert who has extensive experience working within the food industry. A key element of the role will be mentoring and developing the current technical team and imparting their experience and knowledge to aid the department in progressing to the next level.
Candidates must have extensive experience of BRC and retail audit requirements (multiple retailers), sound knowledge of food legislation standards and be trained to HACCP Level 4. They must also have excellent leadership and management skills, a professional approach and attitude and the ability to be flexible to meet business needs.
Please click here for the full job description.
If you are interested in this position please submit your CV with a covering letter to Pamela.Macdougall@thistleseafoods.com