Stores and Logistics Manager
The Stores and Logistics Manager is responsible for stock control and the organisation and management of the stores. To achieve this the post holder will need to have a good understanding of the whole supply chain to effectively manage and coordinate the intake, storage and supply of raw materials for production and the supply of final products to customers. Furthermore, they will need to work closely and in conjunction with the production department, and the commercial and buying teams.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Ensuring store personnel deal with deliveries/dispatches in a timely manner.
- Overseeing the organisation of the stores ensuring that raw materials/final products are stored in the correct locations.
- Ensuring stock is rotated.
- Allocating and managing staff resources.
- Supervising stock takes.
- Investigating stock errors, providing a detailed account of the reasons it occurred and identifying preventative measures to put in place.
- Being responsible for the management and maintenance of all counterbalance forklifts, reach trucks and hand pallet trucks used on site.
The role is within an extremely fast paced environment. Applicants must have the ability to manage a busy and demanding workload, have strong organisational skills and be able to prioritise, be attentive to detail, have excellent communication skills and be able to remain calm under pressure. Applicants must have experience of using a computerised purchasing and stock control system.
Standard hours of work are 8.00am to 5.00pm Monday to Friday. However, some flexibility is required in order to oversee both the dayshift and backshift. There will be a requirement to work one weekend per quarter in order to supervise stock takes.
Please click here for the full job description.
If you are interested in this position please send your CV and a covering letter to Pamela.Macdougall@thistleseafoods.com