2x Storeman/Forklift Driver
The Storeman – Forklift Driver is responsible for the efficient running of the store.
- Accurately logging the movements of all the raw material and products within the store using the stock control system.
- Carrying out regular stock checks, providing accurate reports and highlighting any stock errors.
- Checking the forklift on a daily basis to ensure that it is in good working condition.
- Participating in keeping all work areas clean, safe and tidy.
- Reporting to the Stores and Logistics Manager or a Stores Supervisor any issues which are likely to affect the smooth running of the store.
- Identifying any training requirements which may be beneficial to the role or the department.
- Maintaining a good working relationship within the office and factory.
The hours worked will depend upon the store.
Storeman/Forklift Drivers works an eight day shift pattern where consecutive shifts of 12 hours per day, followed by four consecutive days off will be worked. In any such eight day period, 48 hours will be worked. Normal working hours will be 12.00pm to 12.00am.
Raw Material Store and Main Coldstore
Storeman/Forklift Drivers works a 45 hour week. Normal working hours are 06.00 hrs to 15.00 hrs or 15.00 to 00.00hrs Monday to Friday inclusive. There is also a requirement to work one weekend in every six-week period, two days off in lieu will be given during the week prior to the weekend worked.
Knowledge and Experience
The role is within an extremely fast paced environment. Applicants must have strong planning and organisational skills, be able to prioritise and understand the importance of attention to detail and be able to remain calm under pressure. They must also be proficient in English and have a good standard of literacy and numeracy.
Experience of using a computerised purchasing and stock control systems and having a forklift licence and/or experience of driving forklifts is preferred.
Please click here for the full job description.
We currently have one vacancy for 4 days on, 4 days off shift work and one vacancy for working Monday to Friday 15.00 - 00.00.
If you are interested in this position please submit your CV with a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org