The Production Manager is responsible for aiding the Factory Manager with the running of the factory. They will supervise production, accurately log downtime, resolve issues by liaising with other departments and ensure factory standards are adhered to. The Production Manager will also play a key role with regards to the management and training of staff.
- Oversee production and ensure production targets are met.
- Accurately logging any downtime.
- Monitor product standards and having a sound knowledge of the quality control programmes implemented.
- Liaise and co-operate with the technical and commercial teams to ensure that customers are supplied with food products which are safe to eat and that the quality complies with the customer specifications.
- Ensure that health and safety guidelines are followed at all times by factory operatives, supervisors and any other individuals on the factory floor.
The role is within an extremely fast paced environment. Applicants must have the ability to manage a busy and demanding workload, be excellent at decision making and problem solving, be able to prioritise, and be able to remain calm under pressure. They must have experience of working in a similar role and/or have experience managing a large number of staff.
Previous experience of working in the food industry is preferred.
Please click here for the full job description.
If you are interested in this position please submit your CV with a covering letter to Pamela.Macdougall@thistleseafoods.com