Operations Cost Analyst
The Operations Cost Analyst is primarily responsible for the management, analysis and reporting of the company's product costs and profitability. The Operations Cost Analyst will play a key role in supporting the business by collaboratively working with stakeholders to improve business/ commercial performance and maximise profitability.
- Develop, manage & maintain the database of the costings for all the company’s products
- Close collaboration with Commercial/ NPD, performing financial modelling scenarios for new products
- Calculation of standard costs for each product Ensure accuracy of master data for all product parts.
- Ensure accuracy of master data in Unity (ERP System) for all product parts.
- Review and challenge assumptions for the Bill of Material (BOM) for all products.
- Allocation of Overhead and Labour charges
- Monitor, analyse and report on variances in actual costs against standard costs.
- Continually review and improve business processes & controls with financial impacts.
- Annual budget and quarterly forecasting of Cost of Goods Sold and product margin generation
- Analysis and variance reporting of product costs
- Close collaboration with Production to analyse and identify production process efficiencies
- Ownership of the stock sub-ledger, ensuring completeness and accuracy of stock quantities and valuations of all finished products, WIP, raw materials, ingredients & packaging.
- Working with key business users and system providers to identify system enhancement opportunities that could be implemented to strengthen the financial control of product costs/ margins.
- Design and develop automated financial reports to support financial performance analysis and aid business management decision making.
- Provide ad hoc support/holiday cover for Head of Finance.
- Provide financial support to Senior Managers and Company Directors as required.
Applicants must have excellent written and verbal communication skills, be proficient with Microsoft Office and have good general IT skills, strong ERP systems experience, have excellent organisational skills with the ability to manage and prioritise own workload, have a professional approach and attitude and have a passion for delivering results and exceeding expectations. Knowledge and experience of standard costing preferred, but is not essential.
Candidates must be ICAS, ACCA or CIMA qualified.
Please click here for the full job description.
If you are interested in this position please submit your CV with a covering letter to Peter.Young@thistleseafoods.com