Junior Buyer - Packaging and Ingredients
The Junior Buyer – Packaging and Ingredients is responsible for supporting the Senior Buyer – Packing and Ingredients with the purchasing and management of the packaging and ingredients required to make the products produced within the factory.
- Purchasing packaging material and ingredients in a manner which ensures there are adequate quantities to meet the demands of production.
- Ensuring the purchasing of stock does not cause storage issues onsite.
- Being aware of the lead times on packaging material and ingredients and placing orders in enough time to ensure their delivery for production.
- Aiding with the negotiation of prices with current suppliers to ensure materials and ingredients are being supplied at the best price.
- Liaising with the commercial, production and technical teams to ensure packaging and ingredients meet the required standards.
- Working closely with the warehouse team controlling stock levels and playing a key role in monthly and year end stock takes.
- Keeping accurate records, challenging any invoice discrepancies, etc.
Applicants must have strong planning and organisational skills with a sense of priority for deadlines and attention to detail, have excellent communication and negotiation skills, the ability to remain calm under pressure, excellent decision making and problem-solving skills and proficient IT skills, particularly MS Excel.
Ideally candidates will have previous buying experience. Previous experience of working within the food industry would also be advantageous.
Please click here for the full job description.
If you are interested in this position please submit your CV with a covering letter to Pamela.Macdougall@thistleseafoods.com