International Business Development Manager
The International Business Development Manager will work as part of a team who are focused on securing contracts with new customers. To achieve this the post holder must have a sound knowledge of the Company’s products and play a key role in the development and launch of new products.
- Profile and target new international customer opportunities from which to develop new revenue streams.
- Research new opportunities and manage the company’s entry and development strategy for new markets.
- Present Thistle Seafoods to potential clients through visits, direct communication and by networking at conferences, workshops and exhibitions.
- Develop and implement key sales, promotional strategies and joint business plans with customers.
- Monitor all international business transactions and anticipate any problems and identify realistic solutions.
- Recognise and recommend improvements to existing processes, marketing activities and product portfolio in order to improve revenue performance from the sector.
- Produce regular reports and business updates as required.
- Manage sales to customers as designated by the Commercial Manager and the Directors.
- Aid in generating sales to existing customers.
- Contribute to the overall commercial strategy and growth of the business.
Candidates must have several years’ experience working within the food industry, or an FMCG, in a sales or commercial role. They should have knowledge and experience of working with the four leading UK retailers, or their equivalents. They should be multi-lingual (with English as one of those languages and French, German or Spanish being preferred for the other language(s)), and have a proven track record of delivering new business. They must also be willing to travel as and when it is required.
Please click here for the full job description.
If you are interested in this position please submit your CV with a covering letter to Pamela.Macdougall@thistleseafoods.com