FMCG Sales Manager
The FMCG Sales Manager has full profit and loss responsibility for accounts. They will work as part of a team who are focused on developing strong relationships and increasing sales with current customers and securing contracts with new customers. To achieve this the post holder must have a sound knowledge of the Company’s products and play a key role in the development, launch and sale of new products.
The FMCG Sales Manager must meet and exceed the sales and profit targets identified. This will be predominately achieved by:
- Managing sales to customers as designated by the Commercial Manager and the Directors.
- Proactively contacting customers to maintain a high level of service, whilst identifying and exploiting opportunities for profitable growth.
- Maintaining current sales contacts
- Generating sales to existing customers.
- Securing new customers.
- Keeping detailed and accurate records.
- Developing and implementing key sales, promotional strategies and joint business plans with customers.
- Building strong relationships with retail buying teams.
- Negotiating prices.
- Delivering clear and structured new product development.
- Developing new business opportunities.
- Contributing to the overall commercial strategy and growth of the business.
- Undertaking tasks as directed by the Directors and/or Senior Managers.
Applicants will ideally have ten years previous sales or commercial experience in private label food and have a proven track record of working with multiple UK retailers and discounters. They must also have excellent communication, presentation and negotiation skills and have a passion for delivering results and exceeding expectations.
Please click here for the full job description.
If you are interested in this position please submit your CV with a covering letter to Pamela.Macdougall@thistleseafoods.com