Engineering Team Leader
The Engineering Team Leader is responsible for overseeing and managing all maintenance engineering activities whilst on shift.
Key responsibilities include:
- Ensuring engineering solutions are put in place to permanently fix breakdowns/failures and that the root cause is identified and addressed.
- Maximising production uptime by ensuring engineering solutions are implemented in the most efficient way possible.
- Organising, implementing and evaluating planned preventative maintenance.
- Ensuring all engineering tasks are completed to a high standard.
- Undertaking and assuming responsibility for key elements of engineering projects and ensuring all tasks are completed on time.
- Managing a team of engineers and ensuring tasks are delegated equally and to engineers with the appropriate skill set.
- Helping to develop site engineers and apprentices.
The role is within an extremely fast paced environment. Applicants must have the ability to manage a busy and demanding workload, have strong organisational skills and be able to prioritise, be attentive to detail and be able to remain calm under pressure. They must have a formal engineering qualification to at least City and Guilds level, ONC/HNC level or equivalent, or extensive experience working as an engineer in a manufacturing environment and have experience of leading and supervising a team of engineers.
FMCG experience or knowledge and experience of the maintenance of modern processing plant machinery is preferred. Previous experience of food processing equipment is desirable.
The Engineering Team Leaders work an eight day shift pattern where four consecutive shifts of 12 hours per day are worked, followed by four consecutive days off, rotating on a fortnightly basis between dayshift and backshift. Dayshift is 6.00am to 6.00pm and nightshift is 6.00pm to 6.00am.
Please click here for the full job description.
If you are interested in this position please submit your CV with a covering letter to Pamela.Macdougall@thistleseafoods.com