2 x Electrical Shift Maintenance Engineer
In this role you will assume responsibility for the electrical integrity of equipment and will provide full engineering support to the Production Team under the leadership of the Engineering Team Leaders and the Chief Engineer.
- Responsibility for planned and preventative maintenance and development of PPM’s where possible.
- Resolve machine breakdowns to ensure maximum line efficiency of the production process.
- To assist in maintaining the engineering stores by identifying parts and raising parts requisition forms for repairs and stock replenishment.
- Ensuring stores booking in and out procedures are being adhered to.
- Responsibility for ensuring current practices meet Health and Safety and Food Safety standards, and where possible that they exceed requirements.
The role is within an extremely fast paced environment. Applicants must have the ability to manage a busy and demanding workload, have strong organisational skills and be able to prioritise, be attentive to detail and be able to remain calm under pressure. They must have a formal engineering qualification to at least City and Guilds level, ONC/HNC level or equivalent or extensive experience working as an engineer in a manufacturing environment.
The ability to use electrical test equipment, read schematic diagrams with experience in single and 3 phase installations including motors, inverters and PLC’s (desirable but not essential).
Shift Maintenance Engineers work an eight day shift pattern where four consecutive shifts of 12 hours per day are worked, followed by four consecutive days off, rotating on a fortnightly basis between dayshift and backshift. Dayshift is 6.00am to 6.00pm and nightshift is 6.00pm to 6.00am.
Please click here for the full job description.
If you are interested in this position please submit your CV with a covering letter to Pamela.Macdougall@thistleseafoods.com